Help us empower the next generation!
Whether it’s in the classroom or in the cafeteria, behind the wheel of a bus or behind the scenes of maintenance and operations, every member of the Nettle Creek Schools team supports our learners—which means we are all educators.
If you find joy in working with and for students, we’d love for you to further your career at Nettle Creek School Corporation.
- Primary responsibility is to serve as a substitute teacher in any subject area.
- If there is no substitute teaching assignment, the duties are as assigned by the building principal or designee.
- Duties could range from student supervision to working academically with small groups of students.
Our bus drivers are the first NCSC employees to greet students in the morning and the last employee to say goodbye at the end of the day.
If you posses a valid Indiana CDL license with passenger endorsement and would like to help out when a regular driver is absent, please call Ms. Toler at 765.489.4544 and let her know of your interest.
Nettle Creek School Corporation is looking for special people to provide our students with a great start to their day.
Substitute teachers are important partners in our students’ education. To be placed on the
substitute teacher list for Nettle Creek School Corporation, including Hagerstown Elementary
and/or Hagerstown Jr. Sr. High School, the following materials must be on file in the
- Completed Application for Employment
- College transcript (showing at least 30 hours of earned credit)
- Completed W-4 and WH-4 Forms and copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Teaching License or Substitute Teaching Certificate
- Expanded Criminal History Check
You should NOT accept a substitute teaching assignment from either school until these items are in your file at the administration office.
In order to obtain your Substitute Teaching Certificate, please visit the Licensing Verification and Information System (LVIS). After creating your profile, you will be able to apply for your certificate. There is a $15 application fee which can be paid by debit or credit card. Please view the webinars at the above link for more information on how to use the LVIS. Once you receive your sub certificate, please print a copy to submit with your application. Nettle Creek School Corporation will not be able to print the sub certificate for you.
All Indiana schools are required to obtain an Expanded Criminal History Check on all new hires, including substitute teachers. Nettle Creek School Corporation has chosen Safe Hiring Solutions of Danville, Indiana as its vendor for expanded criminal history checks. The cost to run the expanded check is paid entirely by the applicant.